Monday, June 6, 2011

MLB Draft: Day 1

UCLA saw two pitchers, Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer, get taken in the top three picks of todays 2011 MLB First-Year Player Draft. Sandwiched in between these two picks was one surprising pick made by the Seattle Mariners, taking the southpaw starter Danny* Hultzen from Virginia.

*Not going to lie, I wanted to get Rendon here so bad that instead of typing Danny the first time through, I typed "Anthony Hultzen." Sigh... Oh well, Hultzen will be an electric pitcher.
Conley

Many were expecting (hoping?) to see Cougar starter Adam Conley go late in todays action, most likely during the compensatory picks immediately following the 1st Round. Conley did not go, however. I would expect to see Adam get his name called early tomorrow when the second round kicks off. Tomorrow will be rounds 2-30, for those of you wondering.

I'll be at work all day tomorrow, but will be following the action as much as my workload will allow. That being said, I'll throw something up as soon as possible once Conley is picked up.

Derek Jones and Taylor Ard are also two possible Cougar draft picks, although I'd expect them to go late tomorrow or Wednesday, if they go at all.

Conley is a great guy, and I'd love if we could show him some support. You can give him a shoutout on Twitter @Adamconley29. Let Conley know he's got Cougar nation behind him!

No comments:

Post a Comment