Monday, February 21, 2011

First Home Series: UCSB

On Friday the Cougs are kicking off their first home series of the 2011 season against UC Santa Barbara after winning the season opening series 2-1 against Cal St. Bakersfield.

I'm not sure how many know, but I also cover the baseball team for the Daily Evergreen, WSUs student run newspaper. Since I'm official press I'll get to sit in the press box for home games. Having access to internet (and most importantly, heat) should help me improve my in game coverage and being able to see the game in person will help me improve my post-game analysis.

If the internet is working (they tell me it is) then I will be Tweeting as often as possible before and during the game. So for the best WSU baseball coverage you can get pre/mid/post game, follow @brett_gleason on Twitter and check in here after the game for my post-game recaps.

After all home games I have the ability to interview my choice of players and coaches, normally these interviews will be composed of questions geared towards my Evergreen articles. But if you have something in particular you'd like me to ask, post a comment and I'll try my best to get it answered. Obviously not everything can be put in my articles, so I'll post my interview transcripts here for you all to read the entirety of the conversations.

If you're a student with a sports pass and you read this blog, you have no reason to not go out and support our boys! They don't get the attendance numbers they deserve and it would be nice to see larger crowds out there this season!

Quick Addition: I'm not going to have time write a series preview, so if you'd like to take a gander at some stats on UCSB, here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment